Hen parmesan is not only one of the most preferred dishes in The united states, but it may perhaps be the one dish that most effective encapsulates the Significant A few behind our being overweight epidemic: fried food stuff, melted cheese, and substantial part measurements. Olive Backyard’s rendition represents the regular plate of hen parm in the U.S. of A—a terrifying proposition supplied the actuality that it packs an full day’s truly worth of saturated fats into a single meal. Very well, we have got a wholesome different for you that packs a lot of great style with a large amount fewer calories. To lighten factors up with out losing taste, we ditch the breading (which gets soggy beneath the sauce in any case) and sear the hen alternatively than fry it. A ladle of crimson sauce and a slim layer of effervescent mozzarella rounds the dish out—without rounding you out.
You are going to Need to have
1 Tbsp olive oil
4 hen breasts (6 oz each and every)
1 tsp dried thyme or rosemary
Salt and pepper to flavor
1 medium yellow onion, sliced
1⁄2 cup chopped eco-friendly olives
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
1 cup grated mozzarella
How to Make It
- Position the chicken breasts on a reducing board, include with plastic wrap, and use a meat mallet or significant-bottomed pan to pound the chicken into 1⁄2-inch thick cutlets. Season with thyme or rosemary and a balanced sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large cast-iron skillet or oven-secure pan about medium-substantial heat.
- When sizzling, insert the rooster and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until a nice crust has created on the floor of the chicken, then flip and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Take away and reserve the chicken.
- Preheat the broiler.
- In the identical pan, insert the onions, olives, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Sauté until eventually the onions have started to lightly caramelize, about 5 minutes, then incorporate the tomatoes.
- Prepare dinner for another 3 minutes, then slide the rooster back into the pan.
- Divide the mozzarella between the hen breasts, then place the entire pan into the oven.
- Broil for 3 to 4 minutes, right until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Provide the chicken with a generous scoop of the spicy purple sauce.
This recipe (and hundreds more!) came from a person of our Prepare dinner This, Not That! textbooks. For more quick cooking suggestions, you can also obtain the e book!