This common diner dish may perhaps be the most fulfilling of all hamburger iterations: a slender, crusty patty crowned with a melting veil of cheese and plenty of sweet griddled onions, all held with each other between heat, crunchy slices of toasted rye. Yum! The bad news is you simply cannot have this motivated generation, or any other restaurant-design burger, without having a enormous caloric financial investment. The excellent news is that our immensely fulfilling 340-calorie model of the patty melt is hardly ever a lot more than 15 minutes away in the consolation of your really individual kitchen. Speedy, low-calorie, and delectable. The perfect justification to minimize the speedy-foods middle person out of your diet entirely.
You’ll Need to have
1 lb floor sirloin or ground turkey (The two turkey and sirloin will generate correctly lean, delicious final results, so truly, it is just a issue of personal preference.)
1 tsp salt
1⁄2 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp canola oil
1 massive crimson onion, diced
4 slices Swiss cheese (Not only is Swiss conventional, but it also has much less calories and less sodium than Cheddar.)
8 slices rye bread, toasted
How to Make It
- Season the meat with the salt and pepper and kind into 4 big, slim patties.
- Warmth the oil in a forged-iron skillet around medium warmth. Include the patties and scatter the onion all-around the burgers.
- Stir the onion from time to time to continue to keep it from burning.
- Cook dinner the burgers for 3 to 4 minutes, then flip and instantly include every with a slice of Swiss.
- Carry on cooking right until the burgers are cooked all the way by means of, about another 3 minutes. Eliminate, position on major of the toasted rye, protect with the sautéed onions, and prime with the other slice of rye.
Try to eat This Idea
Diced Onion: Move by Action
Fumble your way through an onion, and you’ll close up bathed in tears. Velocity up your prep (and keep your eyes dry!) with these 3 straightforward measures that will yield you restaurant-excellent chopped onions, supplying you even far more purpose to consume in.
- Move 1: Slice off the leading, leaving the root finish intact
- Move 2: Make a sequence of horizontal and vertical cuts.
- Stage 3: Chop across the onion in 1⁄4-inch intervals.
This recipe (and hundreds additional!) came from one of our Prepare dinner This, Not That! textbooks. For more quick cooking suggestions, you can also obtain the ebook!