Large crocks of melted cheese are burbling in corporate kitchens all throughout The us, and admittedly, it’s really challenging to resist their cheesy (also recognised as fatty) allure. In spite of our sizeable calorie-chopping abilities in this article, generating a dish of pure melted cheese comparatively healthier was a serious challenge for even us. In this circumstance, we took inspiration from industrious Mexican cooks, who extend a bit of cheese into a greater dish by bolstering it with healthier veggies this kind of as tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, and chiles. In a miraculous convert of situations, queso fundido is not just superior for you, but it’s a good deal a lot more satisfying to eat, much too. Just make confident you provide this a single appropriate away once it cools, it loses its whole probable. If you have a fondue pot laying all over, now is the time to use it. It is excellent for a occasion, as it will provide everyone together close to a bowl of cheese, and come on, what much better way to cling out with pals than while feeding on from a pot of healthier queso fundido?
6 corn tortillas, lower into triangles
1 1⁄2 Tbsp canola oil
1 modest onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups mushrooms, diced
1 cup diced tomato
Salt and black pepper to style
1 can (4 oz) inexperienced chiles
1 ½ cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Toss the tortillas with 1 tablespoon of the oil and set up on a significant baking sheet.
- Bake until lightly brown and crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Heat the remaining 1⁄2 tablespoon oil in a large solid-iron skillet or sauté pan in excess of medium heat.
- Incorporate the onion and garlic and cook dinner for 2 to 3 minutes, right up until the onion is translucent.
- Incorporate the mushrooms and tomato and prepare dinner for 2 to 3 minutes, right up until softened.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Change the warmth down to very low and incorporate the chiles and cheese, stirring continuously so the cheese melts uniformly.
- When the cheese has thoroughly melted and starts to bubble, straight away take away from the heat and serve, applying the tortilla chips to scoop instantly from the pan.
This recipe (and hundreds a lot more!) arrived from just one of our Cook This, Not That! publications. For much more simple cooking concepts, you can also buy the e-book!