This pie is primarily based on a prosciutto arugula pizza once eaten at a trattoria significant above the ocean in the impossibly scenic village of Positano, which clings to the cliffs previously mentioned Italy’s Amalfi Coastline. Though you are going to have a hard time re-developing the environment, this mix of ingredients flirts with those people magical flavors. The cherry tomatoes roast into sweet minimal orbs of sauce, the prosciutto provides a salty punch, and the arugula, which wilts carefully from the residual warmth of the pizza, delivers a contemporary, peppery take note to the pie. Bellisima!
You are going to Want
Pizza dough, 12 oz retail store-acquired pizza dough, or 1 huge pre-baked crust, these types of as Boboli
1 cup pizza sauce
11⁄2 cups shredded portion-skim mozzarella
2 cups cherry tomatoes
2 cups arugula
6 slices prosciutto, minimize or torn into slim strips
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 500°F. If you have a pizza stone, spot on the base rack of the oven.
- Divide the dough into 2 equivalent items (except if you are using a pre-baked crust).
- On a very well-floured surface area, use a rolling pin to get the job done the dough into two slim circles, about 12″ in diameter.
- If you have a pizza stone, place one circle of dough on a pizza peel, cover with a mild layer of pizza sauce, then best with 50 % the mozzarella and cherry tomatoes.
- Slide directly onto the pizza stone and bake for about 8 minutes, right until the edge of the dough is lightly browned.
- If you do not have a pizza stone, cook the pizzas on a baking sheet instead.
- Take out the pizza to a reducing board and quickly prime with 50 percent the arugula (which will wilt lightly from the heat), fifty percent the prosciutto, and a great evaluate of shaved or grated Parmesan. (If you have a massive block of Parmesan, just use a vegetable peeler to shave skinny slices of cheese more than the best.)
- Cut the pizza into 6 or eight slices.
- Repeat with the other circle of dough and the remaining substances.
Take in This Suggestion
- Pesto foundation topped with grilled hen, roasted peppers, and goat cheese
- Roasted asparagus spears, smoked mozzarella, and a fried egg
- Mascarpone or ricotta as the foundation, topped with grilled peaches and balsamic. Dessert!
This recipe (and hundreds extra!) arrived from just one of our Cook This, Not That! books. For more simple cooking tips, you can also obtain the guide!