Veggie burgers could look like safe and sound havens for nonmeat eaters and calorie counters alike, but the stunning fact we uncovered after years of analyzing cafe nutritional data is that vegetarian burgers offer you minimal to no refuge from the onslaught of calories, excess fat, and sodium observed in beef burgers. We never mess all-around with fake patties in this mushroom burger recipe either rather, we go straight for a meaty portobello cap, rubbed in olive oil and balsamic, and topped with a crown of melted mozz. Even if you are a beef buff, we consider you are going to like this meatless burger.
You are going to Have to have
2 Tbsp mayonnaise
Juice of 1⁄2 lemon
1⁄4 cup finely chopped roasted crimson peppers
1 clove garlic, minced
4 massive portobello caps, stems taken out
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
Salt and black pepper to taste
1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella
4 slices pink onion
4 potato rolls or entire-grain buns
A handful of handfuls of mixed greens, arugula, or other lettuce
How to Make It
- Warmth a grill or grill pan.
- Incorporate the mayonnaise, lemon juice, purple peppers, and garlic. (For a uniformly pink mayo, puree in a foodstuff processor.)
- Rub the mushrooms with the olive oil, vinegar, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper.
- Grill, prime side down, for 2 to 3 minutes, flip, and right away increase the cheese.
- Cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes, until finally the cheese is melted and the mushrooms are completely cooked. While the mushrooms are cooking, grill the onions until browned and toast the buns.
- Leading just about every bun with greens, grilled onions, mushrooms, and the red pepper mayo.
Eat This Suggestion
Normal mayonnaise is monotonous you just really don’t get a total good deal of flavor in trade for your significant calorie financial commitment. By slicing the mayonnaise with elements like minced or roasted garlic, chipotle pepper puree, or roasted pink peppers, you kill two birds with a person stone: You up the taste quotient, whilst concurrently lowering the caloric density of the mayo by itself by bolstering it with more healthy substances. Other terrific substances to flavor mayonnaise include things like balsamic vinegar, capers, fresh new herbs, and wasabi powder. Just be certain to get started with olive oil mayonnaise as your base it’s lessen in energy and has a richer taste.
This recipe (and hundreds far more!) arrived from one particular of our Prepare dinner This, Not That! guides. For much more simple cooking thoughts, you can also acquire the e-book!