The vintage American waffle and pancake plates we are utilized to seeing at most diners and eating places are outsized ample, but once you throw in a side of eggs and breakfast meats, you’re bound to start off your day with the caloric equivalent of a triple cheeseburger. Not a particularly energizing food to enable you get by your day. We have made you an alternative listed here with this recipe with our personal version of Denny’s tremendous preferred (and super caloric) Slam. We commence by building all-around an open up-faced sandwich with a toasted waffle as an option to a pancake. The components could audio like a unusual mix, but adhere with us! We know what we’re undertaking. The flavors are nicely well balanced and the part dimension is ideal, if we do say so ourselves. Additionally, most importantly, the dietary profile of this savory waffle is just what you want for the most significant food of the working day.
You are going to Will need
4 thick slices Canadian bacon or deli ham
4 frozen complete grain waffles (We like Van’s Connoisseur Multi-Grain. Each and every waffle packs 2.5 grams of fiber and just 95 energy.)
2 Tbsp maple syrup
4 Tbsp shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
Salt and black pepper to taste
How to Make It
- Heat a non-stick skillet or sauté pan more than medium heat. Coat with a bit of olive oil cooking spray and prepare dinner the Canadian bacon for a couple minutes on each aspect, right until very well browned. Remove.
- Coat the very same pan with a little bit far more spray and cook the eggs (2 at a time, if you have to stay clear of overcrowding the pan) sunny aspect up until finally the whites have established but the yolks are nevertheless runny.
- In the meantime, toast the waffles. Top every toasted waffle with a slice of meat, a drizzle of maple syrup, a sprinkle of Cheddar, and the heat fried eggs.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with parsley (if making use of).
Eat This Idea
With a complete-wheat waffle as your foundation, you can build a slew of sweet and savory open-faced breakfast sandwiches. Try one of these.
- Peanut butter, sliced banana, sliced almonds, and a drizzle of honey
- Scrambled eggs, turkey, and guacamole
- Fresh ricotta or mascarpone cheese, sliced strawberries or figs, and agave syrup
This recipe (and hundreds a lot more!) arrived from a person of our Prepare dinner This, Not That! publications. For a lot more straightforward cooking ideas, you can also invest in the guide!