We’re not scared to admit when a rapidly-foods joint has a fantastic thought. The inspiration for this cowboy burger arrives from a Carl’s Jr. traditional, the Western Bacon Cheeseburger, a how-can-it-not-be-delicious commingling of beef, barbecue sauce, and fried onions. Issue is, the compact variation of Carl’s burger packs 750 calories and a full day’s truly worth of saturated excess fat. This version employs by natural means lean bison and replaces the breaded onion rings with sweet grilled types.
You are going to Will need
2 lb floor bison or beef sirloin
1 medium pink onion, sliced into 1/4″-thick rings and skewered with toothpicks
1/2 Tbsp finely floor coffee
1 tsp chipotle or ancho chile powder
Salt and black pepper to flavor
4 slices sharp Cheddar
4 sesame buns, frivolously toasted
6 strips bacon, cooked until finally crisp and halved
4 Tbsp basic barbecue sauce
How to Make It
- Gently variety the beef into 4 patties, getting mindful not to overwork the meat. Enable the patties relaxation for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the grill or grill pan about medium warmth,
- Grill the onion slices, turning for about 10 minutes, until finally soft and flippantly charred.
- Just in advance of cooking the patties, period them on each sides with the espresso, chile powder, and salt and pepper. Grill the patties alongside the onions for about 4 minutes, until eventually nicely browned.
- Flip, prime with cheese, and continue grilling for 3 or 4 minutes for a longer period, right until the facilities of the patties are firm but gently yielding to the touch and an immediate-browse thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a burger registers 135°F.
- Place the burgers on the bun bottoms, best with onions, bacon, and barbecue sauce.
This recipe (and hundreds much more!) came from just one of our Cook This, Not That! publications. For extra easy cooking concepts, you can also get the book!