Ideally, the term “healthy” in front of this blueberry-peach cobbler recipe did not frighten you away. We know dessert is intended to be an indulgent treat—that’s why we have it after dinner! Anyone enjoys a slice of a wealthy piece of chocolatey goodness, but by the time the pet times of summertime arrive, you are no more time dreaming of warm brownies or chocolate cake for dessert instead, you likely want a thing that both equally refreshes and celebrates the period. Perfectly, dig into this recipe, since this cobbler does the two and satisfies your sweet tooth. At its core are the two of the biggest summer months fruits of all time (which also take place to be two of the healthiest ingredients on the earth, bursting with fiber and strong anti-oxidants), baked into a state of sweet depth and topped with crispy tender biscuits, excellent for soaking up all people beautiful fruit juices.
You will Need
2 lbs peaches, peeled, pitted, and just about every slice into 6 wedges
1 cup blueberries
1⁄4 cup + 2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp cornstarch
Juice of 1⁄2 lemon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-objective flour
4 Tbsp cold butter, cut into cubes
3⁄4 tsp baking powder
1⁄4 tsp baking soda
1⁄3 cup simple 2% Greek yogurt
1 Tbsp brown sugar
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Mix the peaches, blueberries, the 1⁄4 cup sugar, the cornstarch, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt in an 8″ x 8″ baking dish.
- Blend carefully with a massive spoon.
- Mix the 2 tablespoons sugar, the flour, butter, baking powder, baking soda, and 1⁄4 teaspoon of salt in a mixing bowl.
- Use your fingers to break up the butter and mash with the flour right until the consistency is like coarse meal.
- Include the yogurt and stir carefully to make a shaggy dough (never overmix or you will have challenging biscuits).
- Divide the dough into 6 equivalent mounds.
- Organize the mounds out over the peaches and sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until finally the peaches are bubbling and the biscuits are golden brown.
This recipe (and hundreds much more!) arrived from a single of our Cook This, Not That! guides. For extra uncomplicated cooking ideas, you can also obtain the book!