We’ll be the to start with to acknowledge that the thought of oven-fried hen rubs us the completely wrong way. Typically, the hen will come out dry and the crust soggy or non-existent, leaving your need to have to eat crispy, juicy meals unfulfilled. But this model of the oven-fried chicken recipe defies all expectations. First, the chicken is brined in buttermilk and sizzling sauce, then it is coated in bread crumbs that have been tossed in a mild amount of oil. The end result? The juiciest, crispiest oven-fried rooster ever.
You are going to Require
8 hen drumsticks
4 cups non-excess fat buttermilk
1⁄4 cup salt
1⁄4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp incredibly hot sauce (ideally Frank’s RedHot pepper sauce)
2 cups panko bread crumbs
2 Tbsp canola or vegetable oil
1 tsp chili powder
1⁄2 tsp garlic salt
How to Make It
- Mix the chicken, buttermilk, salt, sugar, and incredibly hot sauce in a sealable plastic bag and shake to blend. Refrigerate for at the very least 2 several hours or up to 12 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a huge mixing bowl, use your fingers to crack up the panko bread crumbs into a little smaller sized pieces (this will support produce a extra even coating on the chicken).
- Add the oil, chili powder, and garlic salt and stir to blend.
- Operating with one particular piece at a time, remove the chicken from the marinade, shake off the excess liquid, then toss in the bread crumbs till carefully coated.
- Put the chicken items on a rack established in a rimmed non-adhere baking sheet.
- Bake on the center rack of the oven for about 30 minutes, right until the bread crumbs are evenly browned and the hen is cooked through.
Take in This Suggestion
Practically nothing really like coming to the fridge at midnight with a situation of the munchies and obtaining a pile of cold fried hen to dive into. With this very low-cal chicken, for at the time it’s a safe and sound move, but continue to, we implore you to maintain the rooster all-around extensive enough to try a person of these other dishes.
Flaky Southern Biscuits with hen (pulled off the bone for this and the following recipes), honey, and hot sauce.
Blended green salad with hen, toasted walnuts, diced apple, blue cheese, and balsamic vinaigrette
BLT with chunks of hen