Absolutely everyone loves rotisserie chicken, and it’s a rapidly and uncomplicated go-to for a relatives supper in a pinch with no prep wanted. But when you’re ready to get back again in the kitchen, we have this excellent hen tacos recipe that you can use with leftover parts of this mouth watering meat. Tossed with a fantastic dose of vivid, mildly spicy salsa verde, rotisserie chicken is the fantastic filling for tacos, burritos, and even enchiladas. Indeed, there may not be a much better use of a grocery store rotisserie chicken. Even freshly grilled hen breasts will not yield greater final results, simply because it’s really hard to top the juiciness of a spit-roasted hen. These rooster tacos with salsa verde are not only delightful, but they are also a substantially much healthier choice to their chain restaurant counterpart. So get cooking and indulge!
You will Will need
8 corn tortillas
3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (About a few-fourths of a shop-bought chicken. Be confident to take out the pores and skin initially. As delectable as it may possibly be, its finer factors will be misplaced in the salsa-strewn meat by itself, so you may as perfectly help save the calories.)
1 1⁄2 cups bottled salsa verde
1⁄2 cup crumbled Cotija or feta cheese
1 medium onion, minced
1 cup chopped contemporary cilantro
2 limes, quartered
How to Make It
- Heat the tortillas in a substantial skillet or sauté pan until finally lightly toasted. Blend the chicken with the salsa in a substantial mixing bowl, then divide evenly among the tortillas.
- Leading with crumbled cheese, onion, and cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges.
Eat This Idea
This two-component mixture is merely as well tasty to confine to tacos. Right here are a couple of other methods to let it sing:
- Make enchiladas by rolling it into warm corn tortillas. Top with far more salsa and Jack cheese, and bake in a 400 ̊F oven for 20 minutes.
- Grill romaine hearts until finally flippantly wilted and leading with the rooster combination, toasted corn, and chopped tomatoes.
- Adhere to this recipe, but best with a fried egg and take in with a knife and fork.
Linked: Effortless, wholesome, 350-calorie recipe thoughts you can make at household.