Number of meals fulfill our extra guilty pleasure cravings without having concurrently packing on an abundance of energy in a one bite. Nevertheless, shrimp in and of alone may be between the world’s leanest sources of protein. Most of the time when we see the word “shrimp” on a supplied takeout menu nevertheless, it is stuffed, lined, fried, or breaded with ingredients that surely fatten it up. When anything at all is entombed in a deep-fried coconut cocoon, all bets for a lean meal are off. In our coconut shrimp recipe, we cost-free you (and the crustaceans) from the fry task, but not from the crunchy coconut coating that will make this dish a mainstay on so numerous American restaurant menus.
Obviously, coconut shrimp performs fantastic as an appetizer, but with sides of cumin-spiked black beans and roasted asparagus, these crunchy crustaceans also make for a pretty audio food. You are building your individual takeout model appropriate at dwelling, so you can control the sum of calories and excess fat you load into your overall body, while concurrently fulfilling your cravings and satisfying your tastebuds. We suggest doubling up the coconut shrimp recipe and retaining leftovers on hand in the fridge so you can pop them in the microwave on evenings you would or else contact your area supply location.
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Blend the panko, coconut, salt, and pepper on a plate.
- Place the flour on a different plate and the egg in a shallow bowl.
- Performing with a several at a time, coat the shrimp with flour, then egg, then last but not least with the bread crumb mixture, rolling the shrimp all over so they are thoroughly covered.
- Area the breaded shrimp on a nonstick baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, until eventually the shrimp are business and cooked by way of and the coating is properly browned and crispy.
- Serve with chili sauce for dipping.
Associated: The simple way to make more healthy comfort meals.