Among the most comforting of all ease and comfort foods, a effectively-made meatloaf provides that heat, rib-sticking goodness we all crave. The important to exceptional meatloaf is threefold: a nicely-seasoned base, a generous glaze, and watchful cooking. We understand that some individuals may well continue to bear scars from the bone-dry loaves of their childhoods, but a development like ours will banish them with a solitary chunk of this turkey meatloaf recipe.
Nourishment: 290 energy, 11 g body fat (3 g saturated), 920 mg sodium
You’ll Have to have
For the turkey meatloaf:
1 small onion, peeled and quartered
1⁄2 pink bell pepper, stemmed and quartered
1 tiny carrot, peeled and approximately chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
1⁄2 cup bread crumbs
1⁄4 cup minimal-sodium rooster stock
1 egg, overwhelmed
1 Tbsp Worcestershire
1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1⁄2 tsp dried thyme
1⁄2 tsp salt
1⁄2 tsp black pepper
For the glaze:
1⁄2 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Incorporate the onion, bell pepper, carrot, and garlic in a food processor and pulse right up until finely minced. (If you do not have a food items processor, you can do this by hand.)
- Merge the vegetables with the turkey, bread crumbs, stock, egg, Worcestershire, soy sauce, thyme, and salt and black pepper in a big mixing bowl.
- Carefully mix right up until all of the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Dump the meatloaf mixture into a 13″ x 9″ baking dish and use your arms to variety a loaf approximately 9″ extended and 6″ extensive.
- Blend the glaze ingredients collectively and distribute in excess of the meatloaf.
- Bake for 1 hour, until eventually the glaze has turned a deep shade of crimson and an fast-read thermometer inserted into the middle of the loaf registers 160°F.
Try to eat This Suggestion
There are far more than a few techniques to reinvent meatloaf the upcoming working day (topped with a fried egg, coated with sautéed peppers and onions), but for our dollars, the finest guess is nonetheless a thick meatloaf sandwich. Gently sauté onions right up until nicely caramelized although reheating the meatloaf in a 325°F oven with a thin slice of smoked gouda, and serve it all on a toasted bun. It is value producing this recipe for the sandwich by itself.