Hawaiian pizza ranks as a person of our most loved pies by the mere actuality that no other combination packs as significantly taste for so handful of energy. The exact holds real with these crepes. The essential to a very good crepe is to allow it adequately brown and choose on crispy patches most cooks get nervous and eliminate them prematurely from the pan, yielding a pale, lifeless shell. Be individual, and you are going to close up with the great crepe recipe in no time.
You will Need to have
For the crepe batter:
For the crepe filling:
1⁄2 Tbsp butter, additionally additional for cooking the crepes
4 oz deli ham, slash into strips
2 cups diced pineapple
1 jalapeño pepper, minced
1 cup lower-fats ricotta cheese
Salt and black pepper to style
How to Make It
To make the batter:
- Mix the flour, eggs, melted butter, and salt in a massive mixing bowl.
- Step by step add the milk, then the h2o, whisking to avert any lumps.
To make the filling:
- Heat the butter in a medium nonstick skillet in excess of medium warmth.
- Add the ham, pineapple, and jalapeño and prepare dinner for 4 to 5 minutes, till the ham is frivolously browned on the edges and the pineapple is softened.
- Eliminate from the heat, stir in the ricotta, and year with salt and pepper.
To make the crepe:
- Warmth a 12″ non-adhere skillet in excess of medium heat.
- Include more than enough butter to coat, then pour in about 2 tablespoons of the crepe batter, swirling and tilting the pan so that the batter covers the whole area with a slim movie.
- Cook dinner on the initially aspect for 1 to 2 minutes, right up until the bottom can take on a deep brown coloration all around.
- Flip the crepe and spoon in some of the ricotta-ham combination. Prepare dinner for 1 to 2 minutes, right until brown and crisp on the base.
- Fold the crepe in excess of the stuffing and slide onto a plate.
- Repeat to make a few extra crepes.
Eat This Tip
Contemplate this recipe the base for all your crepe needs—sweet and savory. (If earning the batter for dessert crepes, you can add 2 tablespoons of sugar to the batter to frivolously sweeten it.) Here are a few techniques worth discovering:
- Sautéed mushrooms, onions, spinach, and crumbled feta cheese
- Smoked salmon, roasted asparagus, and ricotta or whipped product cheese
- Sliced strawberries, mascarpone cheese, and honey