Packaged gnocchi—Italian dumplings built with potato and flour—makes for a sound foundation for a brief weeknight meal. Boil right until they float to the area, then fish them out and include immediately to a pan of sautéed vegetables and possibly a bit of broth—or even toss with pesto or your preferred bottled marinara. So basic, appropriate? Right here, we acquire the vintage Italian pasta pairing of peas and prosciutto, exchange the noodles with dumplings, and throw in lots of asparagus to spherical out the creation. You can make this gnocchi recipe richer with a drizzle of cream or 50 %-and-half or a little bit of butter, but this one particular is fantastic as-is.
Have to have a gluten-free of charge solution? Swap out the traditional potato and flour gnocchi and get started a new custom with gluten-cost-free cauliflower gnocchi (we’re enthusiasts of the Trader Joe’s giving).
2 Tbsp butter
1⁄2 bunch (about 10 spears) asparagus, woody ends eliminated, chopped into 1″ pieces
1 cup frozen peas
3 oz prosciutto or other significant-top quality ham, sliced into slim strips
1 cup low-sodium rooster or vegetable inventory
Salt and black pepper to style
12 oz packaged gnocchi
Parmesan for grating
How to Make It
- Warmth fifty percent the butter in a substantial skillet more than medium warmth.
- Increase the asparagus and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, then stir in the peas, prosciutto, and inventory.
- Cook dinner for 3 to 4 minutes, until finally the asparagus is tender and the peas are comfortable. Year with salt and black pepper hold warm.
- Cook dinner the gnocchi in a substantial pot of boiling drinking water right up until they float to the top, no far more than 5 minutes.
- Drain and insert to the skillet with the vegetables, alongside with the other tablespoon of butter.
- Cook dinner together for 1 minute, so that the sauce and gnocchi have time to mingle.
- Provide with freshly grated Parmesan.
Eat This Tip
Most grocery store deli counters offer prosciutto of some form these days. Prosciutto di Parma or San Danielle is the ideal, but for recipes that entail cooking the cured ham, a a lot less highly-priced edition will do.
Linked: Easy, balanced, 350-calorie recipe concepts you can make at dwelling.