We know what you’re pondering. The only issue even worse than a chocolate chip cookie that’s labeled with the term “healthy” are the chocolate chip cookies with the words “low-calorie” bundled in the title. Don’t fret, continue to be with us: these cookies don’t contain applesauce, protein powder, or Splenda. These cookies are certainly just as good as your usual go-to deal with (of course, really!). This is a recipe for deliciously decadent chocolate chip cookies.
Alright, sure, we have taken it a little bit quick on the butter and the chocolate chips for the sake of generating a lighter cookie, but you are going to under no circumstances know the variance. Even now don’t believe us? Nicely, you have no choice but to go forth and bake a batch of these chocolate chip cookies and permit us know then, right?
Helps make about 12 cookies
You will Need
8 tablespoons butter (1 stick), softened
1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1⁄2 tsp baking soda
1⁄2 tsp salt (Salt teases out the flavors in any food items it touches—even cookies. The crunchy crystals pair fantastically with the heat chocolate.)
2 cups flour
1⁄2 cup darkish chocolate chips
Flaky sea salt (optional)
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a mixing bowl, thoroughly combine the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar right up until creamy.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla till nicely included. Incorporate the baking soda, salt, and flour and mix until finally the dough will come with each other, staying thorough not to overmix. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough on to a baking sheet in balls about 3 tablespoons in measurement, leaving at minimum 3 inches involving cookies.
- Bake until eventually the edges are golden and the middles are just barely established.
- Take out from the sheet, sprinkle with a little bit of sea salt (if employing) and neat on a wire rack.
Take in This Suggestion
With this recipe as your base, you can just take this crispy however chewy cookie in all kinds of different directions. Transform up the chips by subbing in white or milk chocolate chips, or even peanut butter chips. A handful of dim raisins or a half-cup of shredded coconut deliver sweetness of a diverse, normal wide variety. And any nuts— in particular walnuts and pecans—infuse the cookie with their coronary heart– healthy fats.
Relevant: The uncomplicated way to make much healthier comfort and ease foodstuff.