Food should really be enjoyment. If you at any time want to inspire a kid to find out the value of feeding himself or herself perfectly, this is the initial lesson you will need to impart. And what improved way to do it than by location up an ice cream sandwich station? Maintain the cookies small and slender, the ice cream light-weight (preferably Breyers All Normal), and the toppings relatively balanced (additional fruits and nuts than candy and marshmallows), and you can make a vast array of 200-calorie sandwiches. Our most loved mixture? Genevas and espresso ice cream layered with banana slices and crusted in pistachios. The injury? Just 220 calories in this ice cream sandwich recipe.
You will Require
Pepperidge Farm cookies (Chessmen and Genevas work very best)
Chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, pistachios)
Darkish chocolate sauce (Optional The darker the sauce, the less sugar and the extra antioxidants it is made up of.)
How to Make It
- Permit the ice cream to soften on the counter for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, lay out your components of decision on the counter, on plates, or in person bowls.
- Allow for people today to build their have sandwiches, layering cookies with fruit and ice product, then rolling the sides of the sandwiches in crushed nuts.
- If you’re on the lookout to gild the lily, drizzle a bit of chocolate syrup around the leading.
- Make them swiftly, as the ice cream will melt, and set up on a baking sheet.
- Position the sandwiches in the freezer for 20 to 30 minutes to business up, then dig in.
Try to eat This Idea
No one technique can far better guarantee a life time of pleased, healthful taking in habits than bringing kids into the kitchen area to pitch in with the cooking. Not only does it familiarize them with fundamental methods and protection problems, but it also exposes them to a world of brand name-new flavor combinations and international substances. A picky 8-calendar year-old is extra probable to take in that roasted broccoli if he experienced a hand in its cooking. It is finest to begin with one thing simple and enjoyment, and practically nothing is less complicated or a lot more pleasurable than making ice cream sandwiches with a kitchen area whole of happy, hungry little ones.
This recipe (and hundreds extra!) came from one of our Prepare dinner This, Not That! publications. For much more quick cooking concepts, you can also purchase the book!