True artisanal pizza eschews floppy, sloppy slices in favor of a skinny, sensitive crust and a cautious harmony of sauce and toppings. The final result is a pizza with a fraction of the calories and a surplus of flavor, which is exactly what this recipe recreates.
Serves 4 (makes two 12″ pizzas)
You will Will need
1 can (28 oz) entire peeled tomatoes, drained
1⁄2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, finely minced
12 oz retail store-acquired pizza dough, or 1 pre-baked pizza crust, this kind of as Boboli
1 cup pizza sauce
1 cup refreshing goat cheese
1 cup caramelized onions
4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
1⁄2 tsp chopped refreshing rosemary (optional)
Pink pepper flakes
How to Make It
Make the Pizza Sauce:
- Put the ingredients in a blender and puree for a number of seconds, until the tomatoes have broken down but however retain some of their chunky texture. This recipe would make about 3 cups of sauce.
Make the Pizza:
- Preheat the oven to 500°F. If you have a pizza stone, spot on the base rack.
- Divide the dough into two equal items (until you are employing a pre-baked crust).
- On a well-floured surface area, use a rolling pin to function the dough into two slender circles, about 12″ in diameter.
- If you have a pizza stone, area just one circle of dough on a pizza peel, deal with with a light-weight layer of sauce, then top with 50 percent the goat cheese, onions, bacon, and rosemary (if employing), moreover pepper flakes. Slide specifically onto the stone and bake for about 8 minutes, until finally the edges are frivolously browned. (If you do not have a stone, cook on a baking sheet placed directly on the oven ground as an alternative.)
- Slash the pizza into 6 or 8 slices.
Take in This Idea
The essential to operating dough and perfecting your pizza is to maintain all the things effectively-floured: your palms, the rolling pin, the counter. Roll the dough as thin as you can without the need of tearing it.
To get the job done the dough:
Stage 1: Utilize body weight to the rolling pin to stretch the dough
Move 2: Evenly sauce the pizza dough, leaving a 3⁄4-inch border for the crust
Step 3: Slide off a floured peel onto a pizza stone