This Italian-American staple generally suffers from a glut of oil, an extra of cheese, and a large mattress of carb-major spaghetti as the foundation. We shallow-fry a modest part of chicken to reduce oil soakage, then use clean mozzarella (which is decreased in calories and fats than other cheeses) to leading it off. For sides, trade the spaghetti bed for garlicky sautéed spinach.
You’ll Will need
4 boneless, skinless rooster breast halves (4–6 oz each)
1⁄2 tsp salt
1⁄2 tsp black pepper
2 egg whites, lightly crushed
1 cup bread crumbs, if possible panko
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan
1⁄2 Tbsp dried Italian seasoning
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup tomato sauce
4 oz shredded component-skim mozzarella
Fresh basil leaves (optional)
How to Make It
- Preheat the broiler. Cover the hen breasts with parchment paper or plastic wrap, and utilizing a meat mallet or a significant-bottomed pan, pound the chicken until finally it is uniformly 1⁄4″ thick. Period with the salt and pepper.
- Position the egg whites in a shallow bowl. Blend the bread crumbs, Parmesan, and Italian seasoning on a huge plate.
- Dip each breast into the egg whites to coat both equally sides and then into the crumb combination, patting the crumbs so they fully include the hen.
- Heat the oil in a significant skillet or sauté pan over medium heat. Cook the hen for 3 to 4 minutes on the initial aspect before turning. (The crust ought to be deeply browned and crunchy.)
- Prepare dinner for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, then transfer the hen to a baking sheet.
- Spoon the tomato sauce over the hen items, then best with the cheese and put underneath the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese is totally melted and effervescent. Serve garnished with basil (if employing).
Take in This Tip
Rooster Parm is commonly created by shallow frying the breaded meat in a pan, which is exactly what we do listed here. Nevertheless, if you want to save time and energy with only the barest sacrifice in flavor, skip the sauté pan and use the oven alternatively. Bake the rooster breasts in a 400°F oven until the crust is golden and the meat is organization, about 15 minutes.