The extra a restaurant manipulates an egg, the much less nutritious it is very likely to be. If you at any time peek into the kitchen area at a fast meals breakfast spot you may perhaps see eggs that appear, practically in a cardboard carton and contain additional additives than genuine egg yolk. Omelets not often comprise much less than 800 energy, and formidable concoctions like Panera’s soufflé will swallow up an full day’s really worth of saturated fats. Frittatas, having said that, give us hope. These Italian open up-deal with omelets are lighter than their American cousins due to the fact they are fewer most likely to be loaded with cheese and a lot more likely to be stuffed with veggies. You are likely to want to make this mushroom and sausage frittata recipe all the time.
You are going to Will need
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 url cooked andouille sausage, diced (Andouille is a smoked, marginally spicy sausage common in Cajun cooking. If you can’t come across it, kielbasa would make a fantastic substitute.)
8 oz mushrooms (any variety—Creminis operate properly), stems taken out, sliced
Salt and black pepper to style
1⁄4 cup crumbled goat cheese
12 chives or 3 scallions, chopped (optional)
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Area a big oven-secure skillet or sauté pan around medium warmth.
- When the pan is incredibly hot, increase the oil and onion prepare dinner until eventually translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Increase the andouille and mushrooms and keep on sautéing, about 5 minutes.
- Period with salt and pepper.
- Beat the eggs vigorously with a fork or whisk, then include to the skillet, alongside with the goat cheese and chives, if making use of.
- Location in the oven and bake right until the eggs have absolutely established (a toothpick inserted into the center will come out cleanse), about 20 minutes.
- Permit neat and then slice into 4 parts, topping with more chives if you like.
Try to eat This Idea
Using this recipe as a base, in this article are four other frittata mixtures that function beautifully. Just sub out the mushrooms, sausage, and goat cheese for any of the next:
- 8 spears cooked, chopped asparagus and 2 ounces chopped smoked salmon
- 1⁄4 cup sundried tomatoes, 1⁄4 cup chopped olives, and 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta
- 1 cup sautéed spinach, 4 strips crumbled bacon, and 1⁄2 cup grated Gruyère
- 1 cup sautéed zucchini, 1 cup small-fat ricotta, and 8 to 10 chopped mint leaves
This recipe (and hundreds much more!) came from one of our Prepare dinner This, Not That! publications. For much more easy cooking tips, you can also buy the guide!