Steak and blue cheese are a excellent match aren’t they? The abundant funkiness of the blue cheese intensifies the significant beefiness of the steak. Blended with bread crumbs and herbs, blue cheese forms a crunchy, melty crust on major of beef, which may possibly be guilt-inducing in its deliciousness but eventually contributes only about 40 energy to the dish (when compared to Outback’s blue cheese crust, which provides about 400 energy and 30 grams of body fat to their dish Victoria’s Filet). Tenderloin—or filet mignon—works most effective here, but if you’re on the lookout for excellent benefits for fifty percent the rate, sirloin is just good. This blue cheese crusted steak recipe will help save you about 600 calories and almost 20 bucks! See, feeding on in has its advantages. Cook with your most loved roasted greens to maintain your guilt (and wellbeing) in very good stability, then dig in and enjoy you!
1⁄2 cup bread crumbs (preferably homemade, or panko)
1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
2 Tbsp chopped contemporary parsley
1 tsp chopped fresh new rosemary or thyme
1 Tbsp olive oil
4 sirloin or tenderloin steaks (4–6 oz each individual)
Salt and black pepper to taste
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Combine the bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, and rosemary in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Warmth the oil in a massive cast-iron skillet, grill pan, or stainless steel sauté pan more than higher warmth.
- Period the steaks all around with salt and lots of black pepper.
- Sear the 1st facet of the meat for 2 minutes, until finally perfectly browned.
- Flip the steaks and best each with a quarter of the bread crumb mixture, utilizing your fingers to carefully press it into the meat.
- Transfer the steaks to the oven to finish cooking (preferably in the pan if it is oven-evidence, but if not, a baking sheet or dish will do).
- The steaks should really be carried out in 5 to 6 minutes, when they feel business but still springy to the contact (an internal thermometer should read 135°F for medium- unusual).
- This need to transpire at the identical time that the bread crumbs have browned nicely and shaped a crust.
- Permit the steaks relaxation for a number of minutes ahead of serving.
This recipe (and hundreds a lot more!) came from one particular of our Cook dinner This, Not That! textbooks. For far more effortless cooking concepts, you can also buy the e-book!