Quinoa is just one of our favorite full grains since it’s flavorful, complete of nutrients, and a comprehensive protein, indicating it includes all 9 important amino acids crucial for constructing and protecting muscles—a rarity in the plant kingdom. That is not all although: The gluten-no cost grain incorporates more than 5 grams of fiber and 8 grams of protein for every cup (cooked), and it’s an superb supply of magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, and folate. If you have a bag of this superfood grain stocked in your pantry but are not particularly sure how to prepare dinner quinoa, do not fret. We’ve acquired you included with a uncomplicated, step-by-step recipe from Claudia Sidoti, the Head Chef and Recipe Developer at HelloFresh, on how to cook quinoa in excess of the stovetop. Use her strategies and tricks down below to best the ancient grain each individual time.
How to prepare dinner quinoa
Yield: 4 servings
- Rinse 1 cup quinoa in a wonderful mesh strainer, drain, and transfer to a medium-sized pot.
- Insert 2 cups of h2o and salt and bring to a boil.
- Include, reduce warmth to medium-lower, and simmer until eventually all of the water is absorbed (about 15-20 minutes). Eliminate from the warmth and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and fluff with a fork.
Creative means to use quinoa
“Quinoa is light and fluffy in texture and can go with practically any dish,” Sidoti suggests. “Its complete-grain composition can help fill you up speedily and stay satisfied until finally your following meal. There are so many means to costume it up, and it’s super easy to double or even triple your recipe for significant batches.” Talk about a savvy food prep thought!
Though quinoa is ordinarily served as a aspect dish, there are a good deal of functional strategies to jazz up the grain. Upcoming time you prepare dinner the complex carb, take into consideration attempting some of Sidoti’s go-to concepts beneath. This superfood is far more versatile than you assume!
- Include quinoa to a breakfast bowl with some fiber-loaded berries, honey, and ginger.
- Consider a breakfast scramble with scrambled eggs, avocado, and quinoa.
- Toss it into a soup for a heartier food.
- Top rated off a salad with quinoa for a far more filling lunch.
- Consider stirring in toasted nuts, dried fruit, and roasted veggies for a balanced meal. You can also add edamame and drizzle it with some toasted sesame oil for an Asian twist.