Even if you created a meal out of ingesting zucchini by itself, even uncooked, the health and fitness advantages would be worth it. Zucchini is known to make improvements to strength, aid in thyroid performance, eye health, lower your blood sugar, lowers cholesterol, stops swelling, it has significantly even been said to slow down the growing older process! The list goes on, and so could we. Our vegetarian balsamic zucchini recipe takes zucchini to a tastier degree whilst protecting its healthiness. A good case in point of how one particular ingredient can just take a dish from typical to great! Balsamic vinegar not only heightens the sweetness of the zucchini, but the acidity adds a pretty counterpoint as well. For a little bit of textural contrast, attempt a handful of toasted pine nuts, shaved almonds, or walnuts as a lessen priced different.
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 lbs zucchini, sliced into 1⁄4″ coins
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
Salt and black pepper to style Clean mint, chopped (optional)
How to Make It
- Heat the oil in a substantial sauté pan over medium heat.
- Increase the zucchini and garlic and sauté until eventually the zucchini is tender and frivolously browned, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Incorporate the balsamic and prepare dinner right until the liquid has thickened and clings to the zucchini, about
3 to 4 minutes.
- Year with salt and pepper, and stir in the mint, if using.
Consume This Tip
While balsamic zucchini functions great on its personal or as a guest star in a much larger food, it also performs excellent as the main party in a supper or lunch salad. Add a several elements and some garnishes and this will change into a feast in and of alone. Keep it vegetarian or add meat for a protein increase. Here are a couple of tips to get you began:
- Tossed in arugula and shaved parmesan or pecorino cheese
- As a delicious and wholesome garnish on major of a hearty steak
- As a terrific part to a pasta salad
- Insert to a Caprese salad or sandwich for some additional nutrients and crunch
- In a combined greens salad, insert in tofu for protein
This recipe (and hundreds additional!) came from just one of our Cook dinner This, Not That! guides. For more simple cooking ideas, you can also acquire the book!