If you have been likely to be caught on a deserted island for the rest of your daily life with but a person foodstuff to take in, we’d say that quinoa may really properly be your most effective solution. Alright, it’s possible which is not what you had been hoping we would say, but quinoa is loaded in complex carbs, healthier fat, and has a generous protein profile (furthermore, quinoa is a single of the few vegetarian total proteins) which tends to make it 1 of the healthiest meals on the planet (and consequently even additional excellent for whichever deserted island on said earth you stop up stuck on). Quinoa is also mighty delicious and can be made use of in so numerous diverse methods, as you are going to obtain with this multipurpose pilaf. In this vegan-friendly recipe, we pair salty, sweet and tangy tastes all into this just one dish, controlling to engage in off of every single other so very well, that you could not even recognize how healthful it is, you’ll just commence to crave it like you would crave greasy takeout vegetable fried rice. This is another dish that is fantastic for food arranging, so go ahead and make a several further batches and keep it in the fridge, as we can assure you, this food preferences just as good at dwelling as it would on a deserted island.
You’ll Will need
1 cup quinoa
1⁄2 Tbsp olive oil
1⁄2 yellow onion, minced
1 carrot, finely chopped
3 cups very low-sodium vegetable broth or drinking water
2 Tbsp toasted pine nuts
1⁄4 cup golden raisins
1⁄2 cup chopped clean parsley
Salt and black pepper to style
How to Make It
- Place the quinoa in a massive bowl and rinse in quite a few variations of cold water. Drain thoroughly.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan above medium heat.
- Cook the onion and carrot until eventually softened, then stir in the quinoa and cook until eventually frivolously toasted and supplying off a nutty scent, about 3 minutes.
- Incorporate the broth and convey to a simmer.
- Minimize the heat to reduced, address, and simmer right up until the liquid is completely absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the quinoa to a significant bowl and fluff with a fork. Stir in the pine nuts, raisins, and parsley.
Like this recipe? Subscribe to our Take in This, Not That! magazine for even more at-property cooking and healthier having suggestions.