An open up-encounter sandwich is an effortless way to reduce back again on energy since there is only one particular slice of bread involved, so you can nonetheless fulfill your sandwich craving. It’s all about what you’re putting on top of that slice that matters, and in this warm ham and cheese open up-deal with sandwich, we increase chipotle mayo and eggs to give you more protein with a kick. You won’t even skip that other piece of bread! Furthermore, if you assume about it, feeding on this incredibly hot sandwich for breakfast is generally like what you would be expecting from a frozen Scorching Pocket, besides substantially more healthy and way far better.
Verify out our hot, open up-experience ham and cheese sandwich recipe below.
Would make 4 servings
For the mayo:
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
1 Tbsp adobo sauce from chipotle peppers
For the sandwiches:
4 3/4-inch-thick slices sourdough bread
1 Tbsp butter, softened
8 oz thinly sliced very low-sodium deli ham
4 ultra-slim slices pepper jack cheese
1 tsp vinegar
4 huge chilly eggs
Floor chipotle powder
Microgreens or chopped new chives
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F. For the mayo, blend mayonnaise, chipotle chiles, and adobo sauce in a blender or meals processor and mix until eventually clean.
- For sandwiches, flippantly butter the two sides of the bread with softened butter. Toast 1 side of bread in an added-big oven-proof skillet in excess of medium warmth until golden brown. Flip bread slices. Though next aspect is toasting, unfold leading slice of bread with 1 tablespoon of the mayonnaise. Top rated with ham and cheese. Transfer pan to oven.
- Whilst sandwiches are heating, lightly oil the sides of a medium skillet or massive saucepan. Fill pan 50 % full with h2o. Include vinegar to drinking water and deliver to a boil.
- Crack 1 egg into a tiny dish. Carefully slide the egg into the simmering h2o, holding the lip of the dish as near to the water as probable. Repeat with three remaining eggs, including them a single at a time and spacing them so each and every egg has an equivalent volume of space bordering it. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes, or right until whites are absolutely established and yolks start off to thicken but are not difficult.
- Clear away sandwiches from oven. Use a slotted spoon to eliminate eggs from water. Major every sandwich with an egg. Period frivolously with salt and chipotle powder. Sprinkle with micro-greens and serve straight away.
Notice: Refrigerate leftover mayo and use on sandwiches or insert it as a topping for steamed or roasted vegetables.
Eat This! Tip
Sensation devilish? Ditch the mayo in deviled eggs and swap for creamy avocado in the yolk mixture. This smarter preparation (avocado provides vitamins and minerals and healthier monounsaturated fats) will make a powerhouse midday snack or a crowd-pleasing appetizer.
Similar: The easy way to make much healthier comfort foods.