You may well not believe that us, but we did conclude up finding a way to consume veggies that preferences like mac and cheese. How, you check with? By making these mac and cheese cups with veggie elbow macaroni! Sneak in some additional vegetable nutrition by swapping out typical elbow macaroni with veggie elbow macaroni! You can even sneak in some extra greens in each cup to add an more punch of veggies in each individual chunk.
Although mac and cheese could be identified for currently being an “unhealthier” convenience foodstuff, there are approaches to make this beloved childhood snack much healthier for you. Our Healthier Mac and Cheese Recipe is evidence of that thought, using Greek yogurt to add some probiotic goodness in your pasta. We also have other remarkable mac and cheese recipes for fat reduction that will enable slice the energy, but continue to taste like your favorite dish.
Or just swap out the pasta used, like we do in this recipe! Here’s how to make basic mac and cheese cups that you can feel even much better about having.
Will make 6 servings
12 paper muffin liners
Nonstick cooking spray
8 oz veggie elbow macaroni
3 Tbsp butter, divided
2 Tbsp flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup 2% milk
2 1/4 cups lowered-extra fat sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 cup basic panko bread crumbs
1 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line 12 normal-dimension muffin cups with paper liners. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook macaroni in accordance to package deal guidance drain and set apart.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a significant saucepan about medium warmth. Include flour, salt, and pepper. Cook dinner, whisking, 1 to 2 minutes or right up until thickened. Bit by bit whisk in milk. Warmth just to boiling, stirring frequently. Clear away from heat. Stir in 2 cups of the cheese. Stir in cooked macaroni. Divide mixture evenly amid cups.
- In a medium microwaveable bowl, microwave remaining 1 tablespoon butter, uncovered, 30 to 45 seconds or till melted. Stir in breadcrumbs and parsley. Spoon on best of macaroni mixture in cups. Gently push to adhere. Sprinkle with remaining 1⁄4 cup cheese.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until bread crumb mixture is golden brown. Permit stand for 5 minutes right before serving.
Consume This Suggestion
Mother tip: Give your young children further fiber and vitamins by mashing up some steamed broccoli to disguise inside of this tacky cup.
Related: The easy way to make much healthier comfort and ease food items.