Generating hen tacos at household doesn’t signify you have to continue on applying the similar tedious combination of components! Hen is these types of a multipurpose meat that it can go with a lot of distinctive forms of toppings, specifically when wrapped in a tortilla.
This chicken taco recipe is made with roasted crimson pepper, producing it a sweeter taco than you generally associate tacos to be. Among the roasted crimson bell pepper and sweet corn salsa, you will find your self enjoying a satisfying sweet and salty encounter when biting into 1 of these.
Alternatively of a normal dollop of sour product, this rooster taco recipe phone calls for a dollop of home made crema sauce. Crema is a thinner version of bitter product, thinned out by some type of additive. In this recipe, the lime juice thins out the thick sour cream, earning it a delectable sauce to major your taco with. If you’d fairly a little something spicier, you could always include in a tablespoon of Sriracha to give your tacos a kick.
Helps make 4 servings
1 pound hen breast, diced
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 tablespoons taco seasoning
1 red bell pepper
1/2 cup bitter product
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon garlic powder
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 400 levels. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Slash the bell pepper in half, prime and seeds removed.
- Place the pepper halves on the coated sheet, slice facet experiencing down.
- Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- In a smaller bowl, combine collectively the sour cream, lime juice, and garlic powder. Established aside for later.
- After performed, get rid of the peppers to a chopping board, and include with a bowl for 10 minutes. This will sweat the peppers, making it much easier to peel off the skin. Peel the pores and skin and slice modest strips.
- In a skillet, prepare dinner the rooster with olive oil and taco seasoning. Cook until chicken bits are no extended pink in the center.
- Serve on warmed tortillas with roasted pink pepper slices, lime crema, corn salsa, and cilantro.
Related: Straightforward, nutritious, 350-calorie recipe thoughts you can make at home.