Going paleo did not truly feel like a sacrifice to me. Yeah, I experienced to give up grains, legumes, most sugar, and some other foods—but in the course of action of starting to be paleo, I also cured myself right after yrs and yrs of stomach complications and boosted my energy like insane.
But there are some foods I appreciate that I needed workarounds for after I designed this alter, and banana bread was 1 of them. I just can’t consider lifestyle without having banana bread—it’s comforting, it’s a deal with, it is a snack…it’s just so good.
These days, there are so quite a few alternatives to standard baking elements like flour and sugar, so using on a obstacle like earning a paleo banana bread is really headache-no cost.
This bread recipe makes use of almond flour and arrowroot starch instead of conventional wheat flour. In my encounter, mixing up flours gives paleo baked goods the ideal texture. And there is zero extra sugar, although you will not skip it. I usually appreciated brown sugar in my banana bread in my pre-paleo times, so to mimic that loaded, caramel-y style, I blended some dates into the batter. Along with that flavor depth, dates also increase minerals and fiber. Paleo cooking isn’t just about slicing foodstuff out of your diet—it’s also about acquiring the most vitamins and minerals into your meals, and dates are a wonderful top secret weapon to incorporate sweetness and also some nourishment.
This is a paleo banana bread recipe with just a contact of cinnamon (it provides far more normal sweetness, and did you know cinnamon also provides fiber, minerals like manganese and calcium, and antioxidants, and is coronary heart-wholesome, great for fighting swelling, and great for your mind?).
Try it you, and you’ll see just how delicious heading paleo can be!
Paleo Banana Bread Recipe
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook dinner: 1 hour
Yield: 1 9-inch loaf
2 cups (224g) blanched almond flour (I like Bob’s Pink Mill Super-Great Almond Flour)
½ cup (72g) arrowroot (I like Bob’s Crimson Mill Arrowroot Starch/Flour)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon (I like Just Natural)
¼ tsp high-quality sea salt
3 medium-sized ripe bananas
3 tbsp avocado oil or further virgin olive oil
5 pitted Medjool dates
2 tsp vanilla extract (normally buy pure, not imitation vanilla extract)
2 huge eggs, crushed
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Make positive there’s a rack in the centre of the oven right before you preheat.
- Mist a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with a very little cooking spray or include a couple of dabs of coconut oil, then line it with parchment. This is the ideal way to reduce sticking. The oil just assists preserve the parchment in put. Go away an inch of overhang on both sides, and be guaranteed to grease any element of the pan that is not lined.
- Combine the dry elements (almond flour, arrowroot, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt) in a significant bowl and combine nicely. Use a whisk to make certain you get all the lumps out.
- Blend the moist components. In a high-velocity blender or food stuff processor, merge bananas, oil, dates, and vanilla blend right until well combined and smooth. Use a significant-pace blender (like a Vitamix) or a food items processor to pulverize the dates and blend them in with the other moist components.
- Defeat the eggs separately, and stir them into the flour mixture with the wet components. (Retain the eggs out of the blender. You never want to defeat far too a great deal air into the eggs that can have an effect on the texture.)
- Stir until finally thoroughly integrated.
- Distribute the batter evenly in the pan and bake. The bread is finished when a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center will come out clean, about 50 to 60 minutes. Verify the bread immediately after 40 minutes—if the best is receiving far too brown, address it loosely with foil for the rest of the baking time.
- Permit the bread cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then use the parchment to help carry the bread out of the pan and put it on the rack to awesome entirely.
How to customize this recipe
You can customize this recipe in about a zillion ways. Some of my favorites consist of:
- Add chocolate chips. I mean, duh, correct? To retain it paleo, use a paleo-friendly chocolate (I like to chop up a bar by Hu Kitchen or Ingesting Evolved).
- Swirl a paleo-welcoming chocolate spread into the batter, like 4th & Coronary heart Chocti.
- Alongside with the cinnamon, incorporate some turmeric and ground ginger for a “golden milk” banana bread.
- Increase additional cinnamon and some raisins, or stir in orange zest and dried cranberries.
- Go nuts—chopped toasted walnuts or pecans perform very well. Toasted coconut is also actually pleasant. I have even performed chocolate and coconut for kind of an Almond Pleasure spin.
How to retail outlet leftovers
If you have leftovers, wrap them tightly and shop in the fridge for up to 5 times (it won’t past that long…). It’s fantastic cold, or you can toast slices in the toaster oven. Pro suggestion: It can make brilliant French toast, way too.