There’s nothing like a steaming, spicy bowl of crock-pot jambalaya to warm you up! Though you can make a faster jambalaya recipe, employing a sluggish cooker helps to savor all of the flavors of the jambalaya. Between the sausage, tomatoes, and spicy cajun seasoning, this crock-pot jambalaya recipe is bursting with flavor.
This recipe phone calls for frozen deveined shrimp, but recognize how I didn’t say to invest in shelled shrimp. I individually desire to make this recipe with shrimp that hasn’t been shelled however. The shell of the shrimp holds in the flavor and keeps the fish moist, producing the taste absolutely unbelievable. This does involve your attendees to shell the shrimp on their own, but I believe that’s a key section of the complete jambalaya practical experience.
Involving the diced tomatoes and the rooster inventory, the recipe does arrive out soupy. Soak up individuals juices by serving plates of jambalaya on beds of white rice. I like to make big batches of Minute Rice right in the microwave, but if you want, you can also provide this with brown rice or quinoa as an alternative.
Would make 8-10 servings
1 Andouille sausage, sliced
1 lb. frozen deveined shrimp, thawed
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 onion, seeded and diced
2 celery ribs, diced
1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 cups hen inventory
2 cups white rice, calculated dry
How to Make It
- Location the sausage, rooster breast, bell pepper, onion, celery, jalapeño, garlic, seasoning, and crushed tomatoes into the gradual cooker. Sprinkle in the salt and pepper and stir to combine. Do not incorporate the shrimp nevertheless!
- Pour in the rooster stock and prepare dinner on high for 3 to 4 hrs, or lower from 6 to 8.
- Increase shrimp to the gradual cooker during the previous 30 minutes. Do not bother eliminating the shells nevertheless, you can do that after.
- Just after throwing in the shrimp, get ready the rice. Two cups of rice will make eight 1/2 cup servings.
- Serve jambalaya with servings of rice, eliminating the shells before ingesting.
Take in This! Idea
Freeze this meal and help save it for later on! Insert the sausage, rooster, bell pepper, onion, celery, jalapeño, garlic, seasoning, salt, and pepper to a gallon-dimensions freezer bag. Include shrimp to a different more compact plastic bag prior to placing it in, to different it from the other ingredients.
Make absolutely sure to defrost the meal in the fridge 24 hrs before placing it into the gradual cooker. Mix elements (moreover shrimp) alongside one another so they are evenly dispersed prior to turning on the slow cooker. Increase the can of diced tomatoes and pour in the rooster stock and comply with the ordinary directions from there.
Connected: Quick, wholesome, 350-calorie recipe strategies you can make at property.