Although a bag of salty fries with a fizzy soda is a great road excursion snack, there’s absolutely nothing like taking a road trip split at Cracker Barrel. Early in the early morning or late at evening, Cracker Barrel beams a glimmer of hope following a dreary several several hours driving in the automobile. So what much better way to chill out at Cracker Barrel than by having none other than their famed flapjacks?
Cracker Barrel is certainly just one of my favourite highway excursion stops, but when I’m hanging out at household, it’s not always the least difficult cafe to get to. I sit at home mourning those people moments I acquired to sink my enamel into those heavenly pancakes, and desire for a time where I can have them however once again. Which, of course, sparked the inspiration to make a copycat Cracker Barrel pancake recipe appropriate at home!
The top secret ingredient for this Cracker Barrel pancake recipe
Buttermilk—duh! Did you know that buttermilk is a fermented dairy consume? It is cultured milk similar to yogurt and Keifer, and it tends to make baked merchandise and fried chicken taste definitely delectable. Though the milk will smell (and flavor) a little bitter, it presents your meals a pleasant tangy flavor. Getting a “tangy” flavor may possibly audio peculiar for pancakes in the morning, but I guarantee you, it’s completely really worth getting.
On the other hand, in get to get that fluffy Cracker Barrel pancake, there also desires to be some baking soda in the mix. Although most pancakes can be created with just baking powder, a recipe with buttermilk in it will will need baking soda. That is due to the fact baking soda is effective very well with acidic ingredients, like fermented buttermilk, in order to give the pancakes that wished-for height.
You can substitute buttermilk in the recipe
Really don’t have buttermilk in the fridge? That is ok! You can make a related copycat Cracker Barrel pancake without having the buttermilk, you are going to just have to have to make a few variations.
- Use 1 cup milk instead of 1 cup buttermilk
- Use 4 tablespoons melted butter alternatively of 2 tablespoons
- Use 1 teaspoon baking powder as an alternative
- Do not use baking soda
Sure, this Cracker Barrel pancake recipe does not have sugar
Astonishingly ample, there is not sugar in this Cracker Barrel pancake recipe. Which is due to the fact I a short while ago uncovered in my cooking investigate that pancakes, in reality, do not have to have sugar in them. You could be shocked to learn that some of our most loved boxed pancake mixes—like Bisquick and Aunt Jemima—have extremely very little sugar in them! So for this recipe, I determined to continue to be far away from it.
The sugary goodness that we style in Crack Barrel pancakes probably comes from their mouth watering 100% pure maple syrup—which you can even obtain on line! Douse these pancakes in some of that syrup and you are going to be possessing the complete Cracker Barrel encounter right at residence. No highway vacation necessary.
Helps make 5 servings
How to Make It
- Blend the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a substantial bowl with each other. I advise employing an electric powered mixer if you have just one (I love my KitchenAid!)
- In a lesser bowl, whisk an egg. Include in the buttermilk and the melted butter.
- Combine in buttermilk egg combination with dry components until finally the batter is sleek
- Run a adhere of butter about a warmed griddle (or a massive, flat frying pan.) Be watchful, you do not want it much too very hot! This will scorch the pancakes…and your fingers.
- For much larger pancakes related to Cracker Barrel’s, pour on a 1/2 cup batter for every single pancake (tends to make about 5)
- For lesser pancakes, pour on a 1/4 cup batter for every single pancake (can make about 10)
- Serve with Crack Barrel maple syrup and butter.
Similar: Uncomplicated, healthful, 350-calorie recipe concepts you can make at household.