You’ve likely noticed your fair share of traditional latke recipes—you know, shredded potato pancakes both topped with a tiny dollop of bitter product or applesauce? But have you at any time designed a latke that is made with shredded apple, generating for a savory and sweet taste duo before the dipping sauce is even factored into the equation? If you are hunting to department out of your convenience zone, we persuade you to give this latke recipe a whirl.
Recipe courtesy of Joseph Paulino, Executive Chef of Wall Road Grill.
Would make 24 latkes
You’ll Need to have
1 1/2 lbs celery root
1 1/2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes
1 lb granny smith apple
1 massive onion
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt (moreover added for sprinkling)
4 eggs, flippantly beaten
1 cup all-function flour
Canola oil for frying
How to Make It
- Peel and tough chop the celery root, potatoes, and onion. In good shape a foods processor with a shredding (grating) disc and shred the celery root, onions, apples, and potatoes. Alternatively, you can grate them using a cheese grater.
- Position the grated celery root, onions, and potatoes alongside one another in a colander and push on them to release surplus humidity. To guarantee that they are actually dry, I place them within a towel in lesser quantities and tightly squeeze right up until no a lot more liquid is released.
- Mix the drained potatoes and onion with the salt, flour, and egg right up until just combined.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees and line a sheet pan with a rack or paper towels.
- Pour sufficient oil to cover the bottom of a significant non-stick skillet and heat more than superior heat until the oil is scorching but not using tobacco. Employing a cookie scooper or significant spoon, scoop the celery root combination and fall into the pan. (You will fry these in numerous batches.)
- Cook, pressing down frivolously to flatten the latkes, right up until the 1st facet is golden brown, then flip them cautiously to the other side. Year with kosher salt and cook until finally golden brown and position on the lined pan. Maintain them in the oven to retain heat as you fry the remaining latkes. Repeat until finally the potato combination is all long gone.
- Serve with bitter product and applesauce if wanted.
Relevant: The effortless way to make much healthier comfort meals.