If you haven’t listened to of the chili cheese burrito from Taco Bell, there is certainly a cause for it: It truly is not even on the menu anymore! Even though this iconic Taco Bell menu item has made very the subsequent (we’re conversing an overall enthusiast web site on Facebook and a dedicated chili cheese burrito web page), it truly is not a thing you can get at any ol’ Taco Bell any longer. That’s why I built a copycat Taco Bell Chili Cheese Burrito recipe!
This burrito (also famously acknowledged as the “Chilito”) is incredibly quick to make. The elements are couple, but it is bursting with flavor. Just one chili-cheese burrito lover on our team claims this burrito is beloved due to the fact of the chili and cheese portion in just it. According to him, the burrito really should be at least 50 percent cheese and 50 percent chili.
Grilling the burrito is optional
Technically, the original burrito was not pressed on a grill like other burritos you see at Taco Bell currently. I personally really like a pressed burrito and uncover the cheese gets super meaty when you allow it sit on a pan for a little whilst. Nonetheless, if you want the genuine, reliable Taco Bell chili cheese burrito experience, you should really go away the tortilla as is. If you want meaty cheese, you could normally warm the tortilla in the microwave for a several minutes so it will seize some heat as soon as it is wrapped.
Related: The uncomplicated way to make healthier ease and comfort foodstuff.
Copycat Taco Bell Chili Cheese Burrito
Will make 6 servings
1 lb. floor beef
1 tbsp taco seasoning
1 10 oz. can refried beans
1 6 oz. can tomato paste
Shredded taco cheese
6 flour burrito shells
How to Make It
- Heat a skillet on medium warmth.
- Cook dinner the ground beef until no more time pink. Drain the excessive grease into a can.
- Sprinkle in the taco seasoning.
- Insert the cans of refried beans and tomato paste. Stir to combine.
- Enable the chili-cheese mixture get warm in advance of making the burrito.
- To make the burrito, spoon on some of the chili cheese mixture and sprinkle the identical amount of cheese into a burrito shell. Wrap up the burrito.
- To press the burrito, heat up a independent skillet. Insert the base of the burrito to it and enable it sit for 1-3 minutes, or until the bottom of the burrito is toasty. Flip and toast the other aspect, urgent it down with a spatula.
- Provide with your favorite incredibly hot sauce or, if you have them, leftover packets of Taco Bell sauces!