We can’t think of a more perfect pairing than peanut butter and chocolate. These two flavors are a match made in heaven, especially when combined to make the most delicious holiday cookies. So if you have some peanut butter and a bag of Hershey Kisses on hand, you should absolutely make these peanut butter blossoms for the holidays. They’re a classic, kid-friendly cookie they’ll ask for year after year!
Peanut Butter Blossoms Cookie Recipe
Makes 24-30 cookies
How to Make It
Chill the dough
Whisk the butter, brown sugar, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract together. Once mixed, add in the peanut butter. When the peanut butter is fully worked through, sprinkle in the salt, baking powder, and flour. Mix until a dough has formed.
Wrap up the dough and chill for 3 to 4 hours, or overnight. This will help the cookies keep their perfect circular form when baking in the oven.
Form into 1-inch balls
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll small spoonfuls of the dough into 1-inch balls. Space the cookie dough balls a few inches apart—about 12 cookies per cookie sheet.
Bake, then add Hershey Kisses
Bake the cookies at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. While the cookies are baking, unwrap all of the Hershey Kisses. When the cookies are done, place the baking sheet on a cooling rack (or a heat-resistant counter) and immediately start placing the Hershey Kisses onto the cookies. The cookies may slightly crack on the sides—this is OK! Just make sure to not press too hard, or the cookies will fully break.
To avoid a mouthful of melted chocolate, let the cookies cool a bit before digging in. Unless, of course, you would prefer your chocolate to be super melty. If that’s the case, dig in!
Full Peanut Butter Blossoms Cookie Recipe
- Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract. Once mixed, add in the peanut butter.
- Mix the salt, baking powder, and flour together. Sprinkle into the wet ingredients.
- Mix until a dough has formed.
- Wrap the dough and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours, or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. While baking, unwrap the Hershey kisses.
- Take the cookies out and immediately start pressing the Kisses into the cookies. Cracks are good, but do not press too hard! You don’t want the cookies to break.
- Let the cookies cool a bit before serving.