This superior-for-you choose on a comforting Full30 shepherd’s pie has a traditional floor meat filling—made savory with garlic, onion, and thyme—but it swaps the thick layer of mashed potatoes for thinly sliced and shingled potatoes. It helps make the casserole truly feel lighter to try to eat, and also provides wonderful texture from the golden brown crispy potato layer. To stand-in for the creamy sauce and cheese topping, we pour a mixture of coconut milk and dietary yeast more than the leading ahead of baking. Every person will appreciate this Full30 shepherd’s pie, regardless of whether you are pursuing Total30 guidelines or not!
1 Tbsp ghee
1 yellow onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
4 medium carrots, peeled and diced
1 1/2 lbs. floor beef
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp new thyme
3 to 4 big Yukon gold potatoes
2/3 cup complete-extra fat canned coconut milk
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 Tbsp tapioca flour
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 375 levels F.
- In a big skillet established about medium warmth, add the ghee. As soon as very hot but not cigarette smoking, insert the onion, garlic, carrots, and cook dinner, from time to time stirring, until the onions soften—about 6 minutes.
- Insert the beef and prepare dinner, breaking up the beef with a picket spoon or spatula, until the beef commences to brown on the edges.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, and thyme, then transfer the beef combination to a 9″ x 13″ baking dish or substantial round oven-secure skillet.
- Peel and thinly slice the potatoes. Set up the potato slices in excess of the top rated of the beef so that they overlap just slightly.
- Whisk with each other the coconut milk, nutritional yeast, and tapioca flour. Pour this mixture meticulously over the major of the casserole.
- Deal with the dish or skillet tightly with foil and bake for about 45 minutes, then thoroughly take out the foil and bake for a further 10 to 15 minutes, or right until the potatoes are golden brown on major.
- Get rid of from the oven and provide incredibly hot.
Relevant: Simple, healthy, 350-calorie recipe thoughts you can make at household.