How do you make meatballs that keep their form devoid of feeling dense and dry? These air fryer meatballs are lightly crisp on the outdoors and tender on the inside. For a much healthier alternative, finely chopped white mushrooms are blended with ground meat to minimize energy and excess fat content material.
When mixing the meatballs, be light and will not overwork the mix, specifically when shaping. A small cookie scoop is perfect for producing dependable meatballs, then utilizing your hands to lightly shape them for a lighter, tender close products.
Can make about 24 meatballs
1 lb lean ground beef
1 substantial egg, frivolously beaten
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 cups finely chopped white mushrooms
1/2 cup Panko
Fourth and Coronary heart Ghee Spray or other substantial warmth cooking spray
1/2 cup light fruit jelly, like apricot, for serving (optional)
How to Make It
- In a big bowl, combine the beef, egg, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Established aside.
- In a large pan in excess of medium heat, heat the oil and cook dinner the mushrooms in a one layer, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir sometimes until finally any moisture evaporates. Awesome and insert to the beef combination, and stir until finally lightly mixed.
- Fold in the Panko and mix until evenly dispersed. Making use of your palms or two spoons, kind small meatballs.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F. Spray the meatballs with cooking spray and position them in the air fryer in a solitary layer, doing the job in batches if required. Fry them for about 8 minutes, turning halfway by means of, till golden brown with an internal temperature of 165°F.
- If using jelly, heat it on the stove. Pour around meatballs and toss to coat.
Linked: The straightforward way to make healthier convenience meals.