The humble cauliflower has many talents—it’s nutritious and has the perfect texture with high crispiness potential. It also does a great imitation of other ingredients, like rice, and in this case, chicken. The florets will become even crunchier than normal in an air fryer, and tossing them in a Sriracha-soy sauce mixture will provide the craveable umami flavors of sweet and sour chicken. Not to mention, you’ll be consuming fewer calories, less fat, and less sugar.
Serve these as a quick snack or party food, or turn it into a vegetarian main alongside some rice and salad.
1 head of cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
3 large eggs, beaten
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tsp garlic salt
2 Tbsp tomato paste
2 tsp Sriracha
3 Tbsp corn starch
Fourth and Heart Ghee Spray or other high heat cooking spray
How to Make It
- Place the cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl, cover, and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Set up the coating station by placing the eggs in a one bowl and the flour in a separate bowl. Once the cauliflower is cool enough to handle, coat each piece with flour, then egg, and then flour again.
- Set the air fryer to 400°F. Place the cauliflower in the air fryer basket in a single layer, working in batches if necessary. Spray with the cooking spray and fry for 7 minutes, flipping over half way through.
- While the cauliflower cooks, combine the sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic salt, tomato paste, and Sriracha in a small pan over medium heat. Whisk to combine. Add corn starch, whisk again, and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, toss cauliflower with the warm sauce and serve.
RELATED: These are the easy, at-home recipes that help you lose weight.