Did you know that potatoes are the number one appetite suppressant? It’s true! The potato is known to be the most filling food out there according to the Satiety Index of Common Foods released by The Department of Biochemistry at the University of Sydney. So when you eat a meal that has potatoes in it, not only is it delicious, but you’re going to feel full and satisfied. Hence why this Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana is the perfect recipe to make when you need a soup that is comforting as well as filling.
Between the fatty sausage and bacon, the potatoes, and the nutrient-dense kale, having a cup of this Zuppa Toscana will truly leave you feeling full for hours. Plus by making it in your Instant Pot, you’ll have numerous cups of soup that you can meal prep and pack for the week ahead.
Makes 8 servings
How to Make It
1 lb. spicy Italian sausage, ground
4 slices bacon, diced
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups chicken stock
4 russet potatoes, peeled and diced
4 cups of kale, loosely packed
1 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper
Red pepper flakes
How to Make It
- Turn on the Sauté feature of the Instant Pot. Add 1 tsp of olive oil, the ground Italian sausage, and the bacon slices. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add in the onion and garlic cloves. Saute for another 3 minutes, or until the sausage has browned.
- Add in the russet potatoes and chicken stock. Seal the lid and cook on high pressure (Manual/High Pressure) for 10 minutes. Release the pressure immediately.
- Turn the Sauté feature back on.
- Add the kale and the heavy cream. Stir until warmed through and the kale has wilted (another 3 to 5 minutes). Sprinkle in salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with red pepper flakes sprinkled on top and fresh parmesan cheese, if desired.
RELATED: The easy way to make healthier comfort foods.