Sure, you could run to the ice cream truck to get your favorite summer treat, but why not make some popsicles at home? Especially if you can make them with a little bit of your favorite kombucha! When you have it in moderation, the beverage—a combo of fermented sweet tea and a symbiotic culture of yeast and bacteria—has a slew of health benefits, including weight loss. In popsicle form, kombucha can really shine.
This genius piña colada popsicle recipe is courtesy of Health-Ade Kombucha and is made with their Tropical Punch Kombucha and a can of coconut milk. Before you get started, make sure to snag these silicone popsicle molds for your freezing fun.
Makes 6 servings
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk. If the mixture is lumpy from the coconut milk, blend until lumps are dissolved.
- Place pineapple in blender and pulse so you have pineapple puree.
- Pour Pina Colada Popsicle mixture into mold leaving some room for the pineapple puree. Place the mold in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove mold from freezer and top off the molds with pineapple puree. Freeze for 4 hours.
- Enjoy your Pina Colada Popsicles, with kombucha it’s a real tropical probiotic treat!
For more recipes, sign up for our newsletter to get daily inspo and food news in your inbox.