Salads don’t have to be so boring! In fact, with the right combination of ingredients and a tasty dressing, your salad can go from dull to delicious. Which is why we love roasted autumn harvest salad! Between the tasty sweet and savory salad items, and a tasty dressing that gives it the perfect kick, this roasted autumn salad is going to be your new lunch favorite. Or the perfect side for your Thanksgiving table!
Recipe courtesy of Celebrations by Danielle Walker.
For the salad:
6 figs, quartered
1 cup red seedless grapes
1 tart apple, cored and cut into thin wedges
1/2 cup hazelnuts
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 head radicchio, torn into bite-sized pieces
6 cups baby romaine
2 cups baby arugula
For the dressing:
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp minced shallot
2 tsp whole-grain mustard
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the figs, grapes, apples, hazelnuts, vinegar, and olive oil together and spread the fruits and nuts out evenly on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast for 15 minutes, gently tossing once halfway through, until the fruit has softened. Remove from the oven and cool for 15 minutes.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, shallot, mustard, thyme, and salt and pepper.
- Toss the radicchio, romaine, and arugula with the dressing. Divide the greens among plates, top each with some of the roasted fruits, and serve.
Be sure to sign up for our newsletter for even more easy, healthy recipes!