Looking for a healthy dessert to enjoy this holiday season? These decadent peppermint chocolate pudding cups are made with all sorts of nutritious ingredients like oat milk, Greek yogurt, and an extra boost of protein with a peppermint chocolate protein powder. Let it sit in the fridge overnight, then top with all of your favorite garnishes like cocoa nibs, sprinkles, dark chocolate shavings, and more!
Recipe courtesy of Biochem Protein.
For the pudding:
2 1/3 cups oat milk (can sub soy, nut, plant, or dairy milk)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 Tbsp honey, maple syrup, or agave nectar
1/4 cup organic coconut sugar
4 Tbsp cornstarch
1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp Biochem Chocolate Peppermint Protein Powder
1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
Pinch kosher salt
1/4 cup blended silken tofu or Greek yogurt
Dark chocolate or unsweetened chocolate shavings
How to Make It
- Combine the oat milk, vanilla, and honey.
- Add a small amount of the milk to the cornstarch to make a slurry – set aside.
- Whisk together the coconut sugar starch, salt, and cocoa powder.
Add the above dry ingredients into the milk, whisking to combine.
- Heat until steaming.
- Add the cornstarch/milk slurry.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and, whisking constantly, keep at a boil for 3-5 minutes, until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in the protein powder and tofu or Greek yogurt (*if using the tofu, blend in a food processor or blender until smooth before adding).
- Pour into a shallow baking dish and cover with plastic wrap touching the surface.
- Put in the fridge for several hours or overnight to chill completely.
- Portion into individual dishes (To make extra smooth, whisk gently before portioning into serving bowls)
- Top with a dollop of Greek yogurt
- Add dark chocolate shavings, cocoa nibs, and sprinkles
- Serve & enjoy!
Eat This! Tip
You can also try this recipe with an unsweetened chocolate protein powder and a drop of peppermint extract!
For more healthy recipe ideas, be sure to sign up for our newsletter!