If you’ve been on TikTok recently, you’ve likely seen this tortilla trend gaining popularity on the app, and we figured it was time to give it a try ourselves. Even if you’re not familiar, the concept is pretty simple—you create a small slit in your tortilla, divide your tortilla into four different sections with food and pack it full of delicious fillings. Everyone’s take on the tortilla trend is different and unique.
What makes this recipe unique is the way the tortilla is folded. The ingredients all come together in the middle, similar to a burrito, yet it’s cooked on the stove like a quesadilla…but also a little bit like a sandwich, too. We’re not sure exactly what to call it, but all we know is that it tastes delicious. We packed ours with grilled chicken and black beans for double the protein, green and red bell peppers for vitamin C and fiber, as well as some shredded cheese to bind everything together. We even threw in some salsa for an added kick, rounding up this folded tortilla to about 409 calories a serving. Once you give this TikTok tortilla trend a try, we’re confident you’ll want to keep adding it into your lunch recipe rotation.
Here’s how to make it, and for even more healthy recipe ideas, be sure to check out our list of 100+ Best-Ever Comfort Food Recipes.
@_eatthisnotthatWe had to hop on this trend! 😍 ##tortillatrend ##tortillahack
♬ follow tj_yeslad – TJ
Makes 1 serving
1 10-inch tortilla
1/4 cup chicken breast, chopped
1/4 cup black beans
1/4 of red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
1/4 of bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
2 Tbsp shredded taco cheese
1 Tbsp of salsa
Drizzle of olive oil
How To Make It
- Cut one straight line from the center of your tortilla to the end. Turn the tortilla so the cut is on the bottom half of the tortilla.
- Place the chicken on one section of the tortilla, followed by the black beans on another.
- Then sprinkle the cheese on the next section along with the peppers. This gives the peppers something to stick to, once the cheese melts on the stove.
- In the final section of the tortilla, spread your salsa—this will act as a binder for the entire tortilla.
- Fold the chicken section over onto the black beans. Then, fold once again over the cheese and peppers, and then finally over the salsa.
- Once all folded together, place on a non-stick pan drizzled with olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve and enjoy!
Get even more healthy recipe ideas straight to your inbox by signing up for our newsletter!