Think you can’t make an easy meal for one in an Instant Pot? Think again! This Instant Pot Greek Chicken Bowl is the perfect meal to prep if you need something quick and easy to make for yourself. Between the protein-packed chicken, the satiating rice, and all of those fresh vegetables, you’ll have a delicious and healthy dinner ready for you in an instant! (Get it?) Plus, this homemade tzatziki sauce is a great way to use up leftover cucumber, and you can even make it using homemade Instant Pot yogurt. And if you’re looking for even more magical Instant Pot meals, check out our list of 30+ Healthy Instant Pot Recipes.
This recipe is excerpted from The “I Love My Instant Pot®” Cooking for One Recipe Book by Lisa Childs. Copyright © 2021 by Simon & Schuster, Inc. Photographs by James Stefiuk. Used with permission of the publisher, Adams Media, an imprint of Simon & Schuster. All rights reserved.
For the tzatziki sauce:
4 1/2 Tbsp unsweetened plain Greek-style yogurt
3 Tbsp grated cucumber, liquid squeezed out
1 tsp lemon juice
1/8 tsp salt
1/16 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp dried dill
1/8 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp olive oil
For the Chicken Bowl:
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp butter
Juice and zest of 1 medium lemon
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1 cup chopped chicken breast
1 tsp ground lemon pepper
For the Topping:
2 Tbsp diced tomato
2 Tbsp diced red bell pepper
2 Tbsp crumbled feta cheese
2 Tbsp diced red onion
2 Tbsp diced cucumber
2 Tbsp chopped Kalamata olives
How to Make It
- To make the Tzatziki Sauce, in a small bowl or jar, combine all sauce ingredients and refrigerate until ready to eat.
- To make the Chicken Bowl, to the Instant Pot®, add oil, butter, lemon juice and zest, broth, rice, oregano, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Stir to combine. In a small bowl, toss the chicken in lemon pepper, then spread evenly over rice.
- Close the lid; turn the knob to Sealing.
- Press Manual or Pressure Cook button and adjust the time to 10 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, allow 5 minutes to naturally release the pressure, then remove the lid.
- Scoop the chicken and rice into a serving bowl, then top with tomato, bell pepper, feta, onion, cucumber, and olives. Serve immediately with Tzatziki Sauce.
Sign up for the Eat This, Not That! newsletter to get daily recipes and food news in your inbox!